Fact #1: “91% of all U.S. citizens have their mobile device within reach 24/7” (Source: Morgan Stanley).
What’s the first thing you do when you wake up? Admit it, you grab your mobile device and start surfing the web. Whether it’s checking emails, catching up on social media, looking for entertainment or simply reading articles, mobile devices have become the most popular device for information.
So, how can your business benefit from the mobile world? Keep calm and read on.
Choose Mobile-First Marketing
Fact #2: “70% of all mobile searches result in action within 1 hour” (Source: Mobile Marketer).
In the marketing world, it’s important to take advantage of every resource available to promote your business and gain more qualified leads. As the mobile industry grows, most business owners understand the importance of having a mobile presence, but don’t necessarily know where to start. While there are plenty of ways to target your mobile audience, it’s not as easy at it looks. That’s why, as a marketer, it is important to have a clear understanding of your mobile marketing objective and focus your campaign on your target audience.
The Do’s and Don’ts About Mobile Marketing
What you should do:
- Have a mobile-friendly website. Since most users are coming from a mobile device, they expect to have the same online experience with your website as they would on a desktop. This is where responsive web design kicks in; meaning that users are able to navigate your website on even the smallest screens. Since April 21st, Google’s mobile-friendly algorithm will rank your website based on mobile friendliness.
- Clear call-to-action (CTA). How many times have you “accidentally” clicked on a mobile ad? You don’t need statistics to prove that most mobile advertisements are considered as “annoying” or “spam.” In order to avoid the “fat-finger syndrome,” you have to make sure your mobile marketing campaign has a clear and concise CTA.
- Use quality content. If you’re developing a mobile marketing strategy, make sure it involves quality content that will actually be interesting and useful to your target audience. Your main focus is developing content that users can actually relate to and eventually share.
- Optimize your emails for mobile. Emails are easily accessible from any mobile device, so chances are that people will open your email from their smartphones or other devices. Make sure your email marketing campaign is properly formatted, so that users will have a seamless transition from desktop to mobile. Don’t forget to track your email campaigns!
What you shouldn’t do:
- Don’t direct your customers to your website’s home page. The whole idea of mobile marketing is to guide consumers toward a specific action for a particular campaign. Try to develop a mobile-friendly landing page that helps users take action toward your conversion goal. This allows them to act quickly and effectively without having to figure it out on their own.
- Mobile Apps. Even though mobile apps are tempting, don’t jump into the mobile app world just yet. As a Fort Lauderdale web design agency, and professionals in mobile app development, it all depends on your business goals. Sometimes, apps may or may not work well with your business or industry. That’s why it’s important to focus on your audience’s behavior, and decide whether or not a mobile application will be useful to them in the long run. If it doesn’t suit their needs, it will either be deleted or not downloaded at all.
- Don’t follow the “trend.” The point of creating brand awareness is to make your target audience aware of your brand, and encourage them to choose your product or service. Spying on your competitors and “borrowing” their ideas isn’t the way to go. Creating your own unique mobile marketing campaign not only attract users, but also sets your company aside from the rest. Be original.
It takes a lot of time and effort to develop a successful mobile marketing campaign. Mobile devices have become the go-to source for research, online shopping, entertainment and more. It may not be easy at first, but with time you will find better ways to increase engagement and brand awareness. No matter what type of products your company offers, it’s always best to have a mobile-friendly environment for your audience.
Cultura Interactive is an award-winning, Fort Lauderdale web design agency that strives to create unique and attractive websites, and help businesses improve their internet marketing strategies to boost conversions.
Our team of professionals specialize in web design, logo design, WordPress development, eCommerce, responsive web design, mobile apps, SEO, social media marketing, pay per click advertising and more. Learn more about our services or contact us for a personal interview.